Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Cross is the Key

.
We are children who know our Father loves us. I wish I always acted like a child of God. You know like the apple didn’t fall far from the tree. Sometimes I come to the conclusion that I will never be able to attain any likeness to Christ by way of virtue. That is to say; I often fail at my attempts at it. So then how will I get into heaven? Grace, I know but more than that we all called to be like Jesus. We want the Father to see Jesus when he sees us.
What is the key? “Narrow is the way that leads to eternal life”, our savior once said. And so I imagine, the only way myself and maybe all of us poor human beings will ever attain any likeness to Christ is through our sufferings. And more than that, through our abandonment to the cross that we carry, that will be the key. In our sufferings we become like Christ when we trust in God’s goodness to save us, bring good out it , forgive us and to help us to persevere in it. The Cross is the key to heaven.