Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"Come to Bethlehem and See"

Luke 2:15
15When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about."
I am so impatient to get our shopping done.
My experience preparing for Christmas made me consider how impatient we all can be with ourselves and others. I guess that is par for the course as we live in a world that expects immediate results often achieved at a click of a button.

Ideally, we would like to embrace the trials of the season with joy that we are sharing in God’s plan to bring Christ into the world with a kind word or an open heart. I know that Christ will always remain in Christmas and keeping Him there is not the real problem. The real problem is making a way to remain with and in Him.