Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Be Still

"Now as they went on their way, he entered a certain village, where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. She had a sister named Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to what he was saying." Luke 10:38

I wonder what Jesus was saying. More importantly I ought to ask myself "what is Jesus saying to me today?". Am I willing to slow down enough to sit with Him and listen so I can hear His voice?
Much like sitting in front of the Blessed Sacrament, Mary sat at Jesus' feet and listened. I doubt if she had a book of Novena prayers with her. Sometimes that is important and God can speakto us through them but in this reading Mary simply "listened".  Today I need to lay down our prayer books, sit with Jesus and listen.
Scripture says "Be Still and Know that I am God" Pslam 46:10 .We pray for the grace to be like Mary and to make time to sit, be still and listen to our Lord. Thank God for the Blessed Sacrament where we can always go to be with Him.
Amen